Friday, August 19, 2011

My picks for best eyeliner pencil

Ok, so I went ahead and tested a few brands of waterproof eye pencils.


  1. Estee Lauder Double Wear eyeliner
  2. Christian Dior waterproof eyeliner
  3. YSL waterproof eye pencil
  4. Chanel Stylo Yeux waterproof automatic pencil
  5. Lancome Le Stylo waterproof automatic pencil
  6. Nars Larger Than Life Long-wear eyeliner  

They all faired pretty good with the exception of #5.  Lancome's pencil smudged to the touch even after more than 5 minutes.  I've tried Lauder's Double Wear but I have to say that sometimes after a while it does smudge in the inner corners of the eyes.  Dior's eyeliner glides easily, which is nice but their black is not so black. YSL also glides easily and holds up good. Chanel's automatic W/P pencil is actually really good but couldn't find a black. The closest they had to black was Black shimmer. Nars pencil was pretty good and they have a wide selection of colors. Although when rubbed the Nars black pencil crumbled but it didn't in the white. Maybe it's something in the black formulation.

So my personal picks...YSL and Chanel are the two that held up the best.

With that said, I'm not in a hurry to trade in my Bobbi Brown Black ink gel liner. The the wearability, control and definition is unmatched.

Hope I was helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment